HOW TO SUBMIT ONLINE TO THE FOURTEENTH ANNUAL MARSH HAWK PRESS POETRY PRIZE
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2017
The process works best if you use Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, AOL or Safari as your Internet connection. We'd prefer it if your manuscript is a Microsoft Word readable document (one that is in the format "filename.doc" or "filename.txt" or "filename.rtf"), or a PDF. We may be able to read other file formats, but if we can't we'll ask you to send us your entry as an attachment by direct email or regular mail after you've charged your entry fee. PDF formatted manuscripts need special instructions. Please contact us before trying to submit.
The process is simple: You fill out the form below, you charge your entry fee securely by credit card, and then you upload your manuscript.
• Submit 48-84 pages of original poetry in English not previously published in book form, although individual poems appearing in print or on the Web are permitted. (Please note: Manuscripts longer than 84 pages may be considered. Contact us first before submitting.)
• Since we judge the contest blindly, please be sure that your name does not appear in headers, footers, or elsewhere.
• Include a table of contents page and an acknowledgements page for magazine or anthology publications.
• The names of Winners, Runners-up and Finalists will be posted on our web site and through press announcements. Be sure to join our mailing list in order to receive notification (see below).
Electronic Submissions Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Fill out the entry form below with your manuscript title, your name and your email address. Although it is not required, you should also give us your telephone number and street address. Emails change, so this information will help us get in touch with you, if necessary.
- When you're ready to send us your entry click Continue.
- You'll be taken to a PayPal screen headed by our corporate name: Poetry Mailing List, Inc., D/B/A Marsh Hawk Press where you'll charge your entry fee to a major credit card or to your PayPal account. Once your card has been accepted, your submission will be officially entered.
- Click the button or underlined text that says "Return to Poetry Mailing List, Inc., D/B/A Marsh Hawk Press.
- You'll be returned to this page to upload your manuscript. Use the browser that will appear below to locate your file and then click the Upload button.
- We'll email you a receipt for your manuscript that will include its entry number, in case you need to get in touch with us.
If you have problems or questions please email us here. We'll respond promptly.
Please note: Contest Winner, Prize Winners and Finalists will be announced on our Web site. If you wish to be automatically notified at your email address you must be on our mailing list. You can sign up here: