The 2023 MARSH HAWK PRESS POETRY PRIZES
CONTEST JUDGE: TBA
($1,000.00 Cash Prize and Publication of the Book.)
The ROBERT CREELEY MEMORIAL AWARD
($250.00 Cash Prize)
The ROCHELLE RATNER MEMORIAL AWARD
($250.00 Cash Prize)
Prize Competition Opens December 1, 2022
For online submissions (open until 11:59 PM EST on April 30, 2023)
Beginning December 1, 2022, Marsh Hawk Press is accepting submissions of poetry manuscripts to the annual Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prizes. Deadline is April 30, 2023. We welcome submissions from emerging as well as established poets.
The winner of the Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize receives $1,000.00, book publication and promotion. Winners of the Robert Creeley and Rochelle Ratner prizes, selected from finalists, receive $250.00 each.
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission:
- We accept electronic submissions only.
- Screening for the Marsh Hawk Press prizes is blind. Because of this, no contact information is allowed within your manuscript, including within the filename. Electronic submissions will have contact information collected via Submittable, which is hidden from our screeners.
- Do not include any preambles, or bios within your submitted manuscript.
- Manuscripts must have a table of contents.
- Manuscripts must be typed in a no less than 12-point font, paginated, and 48 – 84 pages in length (single spaced).
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 25 pages, but the collection, as a whole, must be unpublished.
- Translations and self-published books are not eligible.
- Send your manuscript via Submittable only with a cover page that lists the title of your manuscript. No personal/contact information is allowed to be included within your manuscript file.
- Winners will be announced in the summer, following the close of contest.
- Entry fee for the Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize is $25.00 for each submission. Payment is through Submittable.
- To submit (open until 11:59 PM EST on April 30, 2023) click here.
About Marsh Hawk Press’ Screening Process
Manuscripts submitted to the Marsh Hawk Press prize contests are screened anonymously. During the screening process, every manuscript is read by a minimum of two Marsh Hawk Press editors. Submissions are winnowed to a group of finalists from which the Contest Judge chooses the winners.
CLMP Contest Code of Ethics.